Will you need a international driver’s permit? Most of our visitors do not get one. Joy in the Harvest has a driver on staff that is happy to help you and drive you around. While we recommend the majority of guests do not need to get an International Driver’s Permit, it is advised for those planning to stay for more than three months to obtain a permit.International Driver’s Permit Information:This is not a driver’s license but a permit to be used in conjunction with a government issued driver’s license. You must have your U.S. license on you whenever you are driving with an international permit. Tanzania and most other countries honor the international driver’s permit. In the U.S. you must get your international driver’s permit from the American Automobile Association (AAA). This permit is good for one year from a date that you specify. The requirements for the license are as follows:

  • Your completed application form.
  • Two (2) original passport-size photos (2” x 2” in size).
  • US$15 permit fee.
  • Photocopy of your valid drivers license.

Mail the above to your nearest AAA office or, if you are currently overseas, to: AAA/IDP1000 AAA Drive Heathrow, FL 32746 Attn: Mailstop #28. The following internet address will give you more information where you can download an application: http://www.aaa.com/vacation/idpc.html